This is a great time to be in the vineyard.
We were hopeful that this Winter would see a lot of rain, but so far El Nino did not bring the much needed relief from a multi-year drought.
There is more green coming to vineyards this year. In preparation of the new season, our Vinduino project has been developing a new generation of the Vinduino soil moisture monitor. The picture below shows the printed circuit boards for the electronics, just after their arrival from the factory last week.
The new Vinduino R3 (Remote, 3rd generation) has the following features:
- 4 inputs for (gypsum) soil moisture sensors
- built in (solar) battery charger
- support for 6 mile long range (Globalsat LM-210, LoRa) radio module or ESP8266 WiFi
- clock module for precise irrigation timing
- on board temperature and relative humidity sensor
- accessories port for optional irrigation valve control and extra sensor
- power management circuits, resulting in lower power consumption
- open source
Trial installations start next month. We'll keep you updated on our progress in this blog.